Pages

Friday 15 August 2014

The Night that was

It was a dark and stormy night. A deluge of rain hammered down on the roof of my house as I lay silent in bed. By the time I had fallen asleep something had awakened me from my slumber. I went to take a look and see what it was. I bravely took with me a flashlight to see everything around me.


Once I got outside a bolt of lightning caught my attention, and there it was. It was larger than bigfoot and way scarier. I took out my flashlight and pointed it at it but it quickly evaded and got away. I took another look around to see where it was. I checked the back of the house.


I was very cautious and discovered footprints all over the ground, and I had just gotten the most genius idea. If I had followed trail it would led me right to him. When I reached the end it wasn’t there. I went back inside and went to bed.


THUD! I heard a loud crash as if a bomb had just detonated. My parents heard the commotion and rushed off outside to see what had happened. I stayed put to be on the safe side. I heard my parents come back inside and silently go back to bed.


I decided to go and have a look myself I took a look around and saw a small crater in the front yard. I looked around for evidence of the creatures existence. When I looked up I saw a large creature standing on the other side of the small crater. IT was here. This time I did not hesitate to get out my flashlight and pointed it at him.


I was shocked. It wasn’t even there. I saw nothing at all. After all this time it was just my shadow playing tricks on me. I felt pretty stupid. I thought to myself why were there footprints, How’d my shadow appear up on the roof, and what was the loud noise.

The next day I figured the answers to my questions when I looked at the cameras on my house. the footprints were left by a dog passing by and the thing on the roof was nothing at all, it was just the shadow of the tree when the lightning struck. The loud noise turned out to be broken glass when a tree broke through it. The crater was a hole the dog dug up. I felt happy that this mystery was finally solved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive writing Jarrod. Keep it up. You are a very talented writer whose work will definitely appeal to an audience.

Jane said...

Impressive writing skills. Great work and keep it up

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.